NZ BEVERAGE COUNCIL MEDIA RELEASE
Beverage Industry award winners named for 2016
Thursday 6 October 2016
Last night the New Zealand Beverage Industry held its annual awards ceremony in Taupo, and crowned the winners of its most coveted prize, the Supreme Award 2016.
Hosted by MC and funny man Jamie Bowen, the evening was the highlight of the three-day conference held at Wairakei Resort.
The winners were announced as follows:
1. Best Juice/Juice Based Beverage (small manufacturer), sponsored by ADM Australia
a. Barkers of Geraldine - Unsweetened Blackadder Blackcurrant Juice
2. Best Juice/Juice Based Beverage (large manufacturer), sponsored by NZ Sugar
a. Simply Squeezed Ltd Super Juice - Lemon, Ginger and Honey
3. Best Lifestyle Beverage (small manufacturer), sponsored by Adhesif
a. The Manuka Honey Drinks Co Ltd, Manukee – UMF10 Manuka honey, Lemon &
4. Best Lifestyle Beverage (large manufacturer), sponsored by Ecolab
a. Frucor Beverages Ltd - V Pure
5. Best Carbonated Beverage (large manufacturer), sponsored by PALL NZ
a. Frucor Beverages Ltd - Humble
6. Best Innovation in Bottled Water, sponsored by Directus
a. Infinity Lifestyle Group NZ - Nak’d Artesian Water - Sparkling
7. Supreme Award (small producer), sponsored by Sensient Technologies
a. Barkers of Geraldine, Unsweetened Blackadder Blackcurrant Juice
8. Supreme Award (large producer), sponsored by Sensient Technologies
a. Simply Squeezed Ltd Super Juice - Lemon, Ginger and Honey.
The judges commented that “… manufacturers of some iconic brands have delivered some clever innovations in flavours,” and that “…there’s a general trend towards clean labels, less sugar, and more natural ingredients.” Their advice included asking small manufacturers to ensure they are aware of labelling regulations, especially around nutrition information panels. They also commented that some of the great products were let down by poor quality packaging.
For more information, contact:
Senior Account Director
Wright Communications Limited
Mobile: 64 21 916 647
About the NZBC
The New Zealand Beverage Council (NZBC) represents the manufacturers of New Zealand's juice, carbonated drink and bottled water brands, and their suppliers. The NZBC acts:
· as a forum to discuss issues of concern and interest to the industry
· as a self-regulator ensuring product adherence to all relevant codes and statutes
· as a provider of technical assistance to members
· as an advocate for consumer education on health and nutrition issues.
Its members represent over 95 per cent of all juice and non-alcoholic beverages sold at retail level in New Zealand.
© The New Zealand Beverage Council (Inc.), 2016.
<< Back to NZBC Media Releases